At the rescheduled 2020 AGM on 6th September, the following Flag Officers elected; Commodore - Ted Kurbica, Vice Commodore - Tracy Smith, Rear Commodore - Andy Watterson.
The calendar has been updated with the Summer Race Programme. Sailing Committee have followed the latest RYA guidance to create a simple programme in line with their philosophy of considerate and conservative sailing. A Sunday series will start from 5th July with 3 pursuit races from 12:00hrs. The Wednesday evening series will start on 8th July with a 18:30hrs start with both series finishing in September. Qualification for the series is reduced to half of the races sailed to reduce any pressure to go out 'to get the result'. All boats are asked to fit or carry a suitable painter to help with social distancing during any potential recovery. So that racing does not encorage risk taking, it will not take place if the wind speed is gusting F7 (28kn) or above. Please manintain social distancing at all times, practice good hand hygiene and stay at home if you many be unwell. Notice of race here and sailing instructions here.
We are excited to be returning to the water on Wednesday 3rd June. All of our planning is in place to comply with Government regulations and we are following RYA guidance. As the restrictions are relaxed, our activities will increase and are summarised in our Restart Sailing Matrix. Under the current COVID Alert Level, only Casual sailing is permitted for single household boats (Additional rules are also in force). Simple racing and FUN sailing will restart when we drop to COVID Alert Level 3. Junior coaching is expected to resume under COVID Alert Level 2. Please note that the clubhouse is currently closed and we are unable to accept visitors. Wash your hands, respect social distancing and stay at home if you may be unwell. Click for full documentation.
Following updated Government guidance permitting a return to watersports and in accordance with Royal Yachting Association guidelines, a staged return to sailing has been established for Blithfield SC. We will advise members as soon as our landlord allows access to the site. Click for documentation.
A sub-committee has been formed to create a recovery plan following the suspension of sailing due to the Coronavirus pandemic. As soon as Government restrictions allow, we are looking forward to get back sailing. Documents produced by this committee can be found here If you have any queries or comments please contact the Honorary Secretary or Rear Commodore.
Coronavirus pandemic: following advice from the Government and Public Health England, South Staffs Water has taken the decision to close Blithfield Reservoir to all access for any users from Monday 23rd March.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and in line with RYA guidance, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend all organised activity until at least 30th April 2020 and the clubhouse is closed. We hope to be back up and running as soon as possible. Access to boats and water still available for buddy sailing.